[ RadSafe ] World’s Pilots Reject Naked Body Scanners Over Radiation Danger, Privacy Breach (re-sending without images)

Doug Huffman doug.huffman at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 9 07:36:46 CST 2010

The Federal Flight Deck Officers program was instituted by the FAA with
federal requirements for arming volunteer pilots.  One requirement was
for securing the pistol in a standard padlocking holster prior to
landing and after reaching altitude.

There was much media hype when a pistol discharged as the pilot was
engaging the padlock.