[ RadSafe ] They walk among us

Howard Long howard.long at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 13:39:19 CDT 2010

Evidence, Otto?
"Children can be exposed by skin contact, kissing, or while using a contaminated toilet. Intake of only 1 microcurie of I-131 by a child can result in a thyroid dose of 13 REM"

1, Where is a study that I is transmitted by such contacts, (as for colds)?
2. Chernobyl children's thyroid cancers were found NOT increased, when the severity of the cancers was factored in (I apologize for having lost that recent reference).
3. Hormesis effect, less risk of cancer rather than more, occurs up to about 20 REM in the bomb survivor studies, although children were  not in sig. numbers.

"State of Fear" (Crichton's book) , false alarm that does great harm, is in I-131, radiation use as well as in carbon burning

Howard Long