[ RadSafe ] Any Members in France

Roger Helbig rhelbig at sfo.com
Thu Oct 28 07:27:39 CDT 2010

I am looking for members of the list who are familiar with Jean-Marie
Matagne, PhD in something and his ACDN organization.  He made some totally
unfounded accusations about Israeli use of depleted uranium in Operation
Cast Lead in Gaza in 2008-2009 so I want to find out more about him and his
organization.  His claims are preposterous.  He even claims that the
operation name “Cast Lead” is indicative that depleted uranium was heavily
used.  He seems to fail to understand that operation names are picked as a
code for an operation – I wonder how his brain would decide that Overlord of
Market Garden were picked in WW-II, those being the Normandy invasion,
D-Day, and the airborne operation that failed because of a “Bridge too Far”
at Arnhem.

Thanks.

Roger Helbig

he is still making the claims – he is unwilling to back down just because
the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) Post Conflict Branch found similar
claims in Lebanon in 2007 to be totally groundless after taking swipes at
each of 32 sites and having them analyzed -
<http://postconflict.unep.ch/publications/UNEP_Lebanon.pdf>
http://postconflict.unep.ch/publications/UNEP_Lebanon.pdf

ACDN - Action des Citoyens pour le Désarmement Nucléaire /Action of Citizens
for the total Dismantling of Nukes