[ RadSafe ] Hundreds of TeraBequerels/Day Released - Not Really

Roger Helbig rhelbig at sfo.com
Wed Apr 27 06:03:28 CDT 2011

In the Russia Today video, Christopher Busby claims that Fukushima is
releasing hundreds of TeraBequerels a day - (10 to the 14th power Bequerel
is the Busby claim)  - I just visited the IAEA update site and they did not
give a similar number - I am quite sure that the Busby number is total hype,
but does anyone know the amount of TeraBequerels of radiation that have been
released to date from the Fukushima reactor complex.  The IAEA report is
rather encouraging and is found here
-http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/tsunamiupdate01.html .  It shows that
the reactors are nowhere near cold shutdown, but that the trends have
dramatically improved, especially in food, milk and drinking water
restrictions that have been mostly lifted.

Thank you.

Roger Helbig