[ RadSafe ] NRC Inspector General

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Dec 14 21:19:48 CST 2011

At 02:46 PM 12/14/2011, you wrote:

[edit]

>At least the UK and Canada are finally coming around on depleted
>uranium inhalation exposure studies:
>
>http://politics.caledonianmercury.com/2011/11/24/opinion-safe-or-not-safe-the-doublespeak-over-depleted-uranium/
>
>http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2011/12/20111205-184512.html
>
>Sincerely,
>James Salsman

         The first link is to an article in the Caledonian Mercury,
an online Scottish newspaper.  It is a standard turgid whine about
the alleged dangers of DU.  The writer proclaims the recent release
of a "significant" new paper on DU's supposed dangers.  The paper is
co-authored by --- would you believe? --- our old buddy Chris
Busby.  It's the Fallujah hair paper.

         The Sun News article is about a former soldier from Canada
who served in Bosnia and went on a three day hunger strike.  He
managed to coerce the Canadian government into setting up a
"committee on soldiers' health as it relates to depleted uranium
exposure."  The committee will meet early in 2012, and has until
June, 2013 to produce a report.  I'm sure the committee won't find
anything that hasn't already been found to the point of surfeit.

Steven Dapra