[ RadSafe ] Idea - Self-Sufficient Air Droppable Radiation Monitoring Stations

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 07:31:19 CST 2011

The report mentions that much of the existing radiation monitoring
network was washed away or made inoperable by loss of power due to
earthquake damage - that made me wonder why there was not some sort of
air-droppable self-sufficient radiation monitoring station - surely
the technology exists to make such units - it would just be a matter
of cost and of stocking them somewhere - just an idea -

Roger