[ RadSafe ] Re; Alternative energies, The Three Stooges and space propulsion

NiagaraNet at aol.com NiagaraNet at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 13:32:01 CST 2011

Dear Mr. J. Preisig, PhD and Radfolks:

You are quite welcome and -- Thanks for the thanks!

Yes, being from Niagara Falls, I am quite familiar with the Three Stooges
episode to which you refer. A very funny skit and in fact, I have hair
similar to Moe's but a much better disposition and temperment.

"Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch..." That routine has it's origin
from before the 1940s 3-Stooges, beginning in Vaudevillian/burlesque show
days.

Of the technologies to which you are referring, such as compressed fluids,
gases, etc, all have their genesis right here at Niagara Falls, New York.
Lord Kelvin and many other panels of experts at the time, studied these
technologies for their potential, no pun intended, to transmit the energy over
long distances which were to be produced by my falling waters here. As you all
are certainly aware, the chosen form was to use the alternating current A.C.
idea of Nicola Tesla, and funded by Mr. George Westinghouse. You may wish
to look into the Niagara Power Commission and such other historic
empanelments that happened here and elsewhere in the world discussing and deciding our
electrical potential and fate as an industrial city.

With regard to using rad-materials for propulsion; I'm all for it, IF, the
materials needed are obtained from outside our atmosphere -- due to the
chance of a catastrophic occurence (Rocketdyne, Johnson Atoll, Canaveral etc)
whilst attempting to leave this atmosphere. Find and mine it on some other
planetary object, refine it, distill it or otherwise do the science needed,
again, outside of my home atmosphere and then proceed into outer space from
there. Please and Godspeed to you.

I do like the fact that alternative energies are being discussed here on
this site with regard to the transportation needs of we earthlings.
-
Mr. J. Preisig, PhD wrote-
"And  to the gentleman replying to my recent posting on the Large
Hadron Collider, particle physics, and the like, I'd like to say thank you
for the information."

"Also a quote from a Three Stooges movie/episode is relevant because of
where you live -- Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch,... Niagara
Falls!!!!.  You
would have to have seen the Three Stooges movie/episode to understand what
this is about."

Best regards,
Lou Ricciuti,
Niagara Falls - Lewiston - Porter, New York.
"Los Alamos East"