[ RadSafe ] Gamma background radiation at ground level

GEOelectronics at netscape.com GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Tue Feb 22 19:16:51 CST 2011

"Dear Radsafers - Does anybody know where I can get day to day (or hourly) gamma background (cosmic) and/or neutron readings at ground level? A station near California, USA, would be ideal but I'll take anything. Thanks in advance,
D. Felipe Gaitan, Ph.D."

http://www.cemp.dri.edu/

The above link is to the Community Environmental Monitoring Program
by the DOE and Desert Research Institute here in Las Vegas. The instrumentation is
by Reuter Stokes with the basketball sized sensors (PIC).

There are other such programs out there too, including a grass roots network of
BlackCat Systems detectors.

Good luck with your research

George Dowell
New London Nucleonics Lab