[ RadSafe ] X-rays and unshielded infants- article in the New York Times today

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Mon Feb 28 20:29:08 CST 2011

Feb. 28

         From this article:  "With technologists in many states
lightly regulated, or not at all, their own professional group is
calling for greater oversight and standards. For 12 years, the
American Society of Radiologic Technologists has lobbied Congress to
pass a bill that would establish minimum educational and
certification requirements, not only for technologists, but also for
medical physicists and people in 10 other occupations in medical
imaging and radiation therapy."

         In this day and age when everyone and everything is
regulated to death I find it hard to believe that rad techs are not
regulated, licensed, taxed, etc., etc.  But:  apparently they are not
regulated.  Hard to believe. . . .

Steven Dapra