[ RadSafe ] Suggestion - Contact News Media - Comment ontheWebsites and Contact the Broadcasters

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun Mar 13 15:00:25 CDT 2011

March 13

         Bob Arnot's biography on Wikipedia:  (Bio says little about
him and does not specify his area of practice or reveal his education.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Arnot

         He appears to be a diet and nutrition doctor.  I am TV-free
and hence did not see the FOX broadcast cited below, and am assuming
Arnot was asked about the Japanese reactor(s).  I can't imagine why
anyone would query a food Dr. about health physics.

         Arnot wrote a book about diet and breast cancer that caught
a lot of flak.  See this evaluation from the American Council on Diet
and Health:

http://www.acsh.org/publications/pubID.499/pub_detail.asp

Steven Dapra

At 10:58 PM 3/12/2011, you wrote:
>Dr. Bob Arnot is a general opportunist activist - see his website to book
>him. Hiraldo also had Paul Gunter who was on earlier as well - founder of
>Clamshell Alliance anti-nukes in 70's, received 2008 Jane Bagley Lehman
>Award from Tides Foundation for his "fight against nuclear power". They also
>received multiple live reports from a David Piper in Tokyo who repeatedly
>claimed that 190 persons in the public were suffering from radiation
>sickness (no references/sources cited)...not quite possible!
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Terry" <terryj at iit.edu>
><radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu>
>Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:16 AM
>Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Suggestion - Contact News Media - Comment
>ontheWebsites and Contact the Broadcasters
>

>>I don't know where FOX is getting their "experts" but they had a doctor on
>>this evening who said that everyone in the control room would be dead in a
>>month.
>>
>>Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>On Mar 12, 2011, at 11:11 PM, Bob Hearn <rhearn at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Same rbid anti-nukes I have been blasting FOX about on their broadcast
>>>all
>>>day! Union of "Concerned Scientists" is long-standing anti-nuke group
>>>with
>>>the ticking clock symbol with hands approaching midnight...Cirincione is
>>>billed as  "expert on nuclear materials..." - B.S. psychology, 10 years
>>>later MS Foreign Service Program, no work except in political
>>>circles...President of Ploughshares Fund - "a firm involved in security
>>>and
>>>peace funding"
>>>
>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Helbig" <rhelbig at sfo.com>

[edit]