[ RadSafe ] IAEA - New Event on NEWS, Japan, Power Reactor

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:21:37 CDT 2011

Dear Cynthia -

I am fully aware of the limitations that the IAEA has regarding the release
of information from Member States.  I was at the IAEA through the Chernobyl
accident, and later spent two years "in country" working on strategies for
remediation.  I hold neither you nor the IAEA at fault for not releasing
accurate information sooner.

My comment was only meant to raise the level of discussion about these types
of accidents, especially when there has been so many contradictory and
difficult to understand media statements.  For over 30 years, I have felt
that the IAEA should be able to provide accurate and timely information,
especially from such an international perspective.  But yes, the IAEA are
limited by the agreements with Member States.

I noticed that you sent rather large attachments to your response to the
RadSafe group. If you are registered with RadSafe, then you can send
messages, but only with small pdf file sizes.  I have attached your response
below for the benefit of my RadSafe colleagues.

Respectfully,

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist