[ RadSafe ] SI units (was Oregon..etc)

Perle, Sandy SPerle at mirion.com
Sat Mar 26 12:55:31 CDT 2011

Dewey,

Exactly. I knew Bob well ands worked with him when the 10CFR20 Revision
was being worked (I was on the industry side of the dialogue). This really
is a need for education, lots of it and frequent reinforcement. Others
have converted and it's only a matter of time until the USA does. I'll be
long-gone by then, but it will happen.

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/

On 3/26/11 10:51 AM, "Thompson, Dewey L" <DThompson3 at ameren.com> wrote:

>Something that Robert Alexander said once, (long after he had retired
>from the NRC). "The NRC will not support risking a worker getting an
>overexposure because some Technician getting confused over units".
>
>I don't know what the current position is. But I  do agree, we SHOULD
>change.  The US is an outlier with the rest of the world, and is becoming
>a bit of a laughingstock.
>
>Dewey

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE:   This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain proprietary information of Mirion Technologies and/or its affiliates.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, delete the original message and all attachments from your computer, and destroy any copies you may have made.  Thank you.