[ RadSafe ] Looking for one value from ==>Fwd: NCRP 160 -Seeking tables of exposure components

SAFarber at optonline.net SAFarber at optonline.net
Thu May 5 18:40:48 CDT 2011

In sending my prior post, I was seeking a good number from NCRP-160 for
the total general population person Sv resulting from routine Commercial
nuclear power operations in the US. Not having the NCRP 160, I'm finding
it hard to get the value. As best I can tell from info received, nuclear
power plant exposure to the general public is a fraction of the "Other"
segment of Consumer exposure ["Other" is about 3% of 39,000 person Sv =
1,170 ] but I can't find the actual number just for nuclear plant
operations in info at hand. I'm assuming nuclear plant exposure must be
close to one half of the 3% in "Other" which would make it just about 600
person Sv in total. Any feedback from people who have read NCRP 160 would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stewart Farber, MSPH
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC