[ RadSafe ] EPD

FISHER Spencer -NUCLEAR spencer.fisher at opg.com
Tue May 24 13:05:53 CDT 2011

In order to avoid anyone altering the data, to ensure that the limits on it are set according to the Radiation exposure permit, the units are set up to work with an EPD reader and the appropriate software.  They can be configured to work autonomously, but you need the setup software.  You also need the software to read out the detailed dose data i.e.  the histogram of exposure vs time.  That way you can use the data for event reconstruction after an exposure.

Your Thermo salesrep should be able to put it into autonomous mode.

There is also a trick that they can showyou (I believe it is Siemens, but could be MGP), where you run a strong rare earth magnet down the side, and it resets the unit to factory defaults.  For use after a thermo nuclear blast.
THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy or
other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this message in error,
please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your
system. Ontario Power Generation Inc.