[ RadSafe ] The human sex odds at birth after the atmospheric atomic bomb tests, after Chernobyl, and in the vicinity of nuclear facilities

Doug Huffman doug.huffman at wildblue.net
Thu May 26 17:27:22 CDT 2011

I am working though the demarcation problem, with Karl Popper on one
side and familiar and, now lately and attractive, Randianism/Objectivism
on the other.

Previously someone had argued for design in evolution using a
connect-the-dots argument, (a corruption of interpolation, I believe).
To which I retorted, a coincidental collection of dots on an
epistemological mapping could be connected in a variety of ways that
only revealed one's prejudices.  I received kudos for the bon mot from
the author of Extinction: Bad Luck or Bad Genes.

Popper addresses the issue in 'simplicity' as a guide to truth, and
carefully stating a question to minimize the freedom in its answer.