[ RadSafe ] Busby's vast knowledge

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Fri May 27 20:45:43 CDT 2011

May 27

	Quote from a letter from a law firm recommending Chris Busby.  The
letter is in a report written by Busby.  The link is
http://www.llrc.org/agency/subtopic/kingscliffeaugeanbusby.pdf

	This treacly nonsense is on page five of the report.  Speaking as
someone who has the same status as the ECRR and the ICRP, (I'm
independent) I would say that no one man (or woman) is capable of
possessing expertise in all the areas wherein Busby is said to
possess said expertise.  ("radiation epidemiology . . ." etc.)

Steven Dapra

The quote:

"Dr. Busby has always used scientifically rigorous and valid
procedures in the work he has done with our firm and in the public
research we are aware of. Science does not require infallibility, and
no science could ever be presented in court if the standard was
perfection. However, Dr. Busby strives for the highest level of
excellence in his work, which is why it has become so noted in the
scientific and legal worlds. Dr. Busby has been invaluable to us in
the area of the health effects of ionizing radiation. He has an
encyclopaedic knowledge of the area, and has personally carried out
significant relevant research studies. His assistance to us and to
the courts include advice on radiation epidemiology, statistical
inference, the history of radiation and health, radiation biology of
humans, genetic effects, laboratory cell culture and animal studies,
exposure calculations, dispersion modelling of radioactivity and
generally all the areas where an understanding of the health effects
of exposure to radioactivity and radiation are required. We have no
hesitation in recommending Dr. Busby as an overall expert in this
complicated and difficult area, fully capable of defending his
methods and opinions on proper cross examination."