[ RadSafe ] Two Meter Thick Steel Plates to Shield from Plutonium

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue May 31 21:50:17 CDT 2011

May 31

         That's a steel "plate" that is six and one-half feet
thick.  I was under the impression that plutonium was an alpha
emitter, and that alpha can be stopped by a mere sheet of paper.

         I doubt that it would be possible to pour a piece of steel
this thick, and if it were possible where would one get a crane that
could lift it?

         The purported Soviet nuclear testing site in the picture
looks like something from a science fiction movie.  Is it real, or is
it PhotoShop?

Steven Dapra