No subject

Wed May 18 15:38:07 CDT 2011

in the human body. This contrasted the healing folks (some injected up to m=
illigram quantities into "patients"=2C others said that radium in the skele=
ton was like having a built-in spa).
Around 1941 one maximum permissible level (the context may have been recomm=
endations from the Nat. Bureau of Standards in the U.S.) was 37 Bq/m3 in ex=
pired air (converted from Ci). After reading Clark's book I think that most=
 people who have some science background would see the order of 0.1-0.5 mic=
rograms of radium deposited in the body as a more directly life threatening=
 situation.
=20
Thank you Stewart for the suggested readings. Another source is a review ar=
ticle published in Radiation Research around 1998.
=20
My personal initiative and (radio)activity=2C
=20
Bjorn Cedervall
=20

 		 	   		  =