[ RadSafe ] DU not toxicologically identical to non D-U

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue Nov 8 19:34:42 CST 2011

Nov. 8

         This may serve to explain why Busby is waving around
(Professor Dudley) Goodhead.

http://www.llrc.org/du/subtopic/goodhead.htm

         At the same time, in the Daily Mail Prof. Goodhead said
Fukushima was much ado about nothing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1369140/Japan-Fukushima-plant-meltdown-proves-value-safety-nuclear-power.html

         A brief biography of Goodhead:

http://www.icrp.org/docs/Goodhead%20-%2015th%20Gray%20Medal-Final.doc

Steven Dapra

At 01:19 PM 11/8/2011, you wrote:
>You have changed the argument, but yes, it is significant since the
>U is on the DNA whereas the "dose from all sources" is not on the
>DNA. Goodhead has argued (and so has Gofman and so have I) that at
>1mSv a year external each cell gets only one track. You can work it
>out yourself. Thats the "dose from all sources" and there is time to
>repair damage. This is not the case for a U atom bound to DNA which
>has an increased gamma cross section and therefore greater
>photoelectron (like beta particles) production.
>I have not changed my argument which was about photoelectron
>enhancement due to high Z elements, which it is now clear you now understand.
>Thats all that needs to be said.
>Cheers
>Chris

[edit]