[ RadSafe ] Iodine measurements in Europe

McLellan, Kathy (NIH/OD/ORS) [E] mclellak at ors.od.nih.gov
Fri Nov 11 21:40:46 CST 2011

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/11us-nuclear-iodine-iaea-idUSTRE7AA4u020111111

I received several questions about the incident referenced in the article that came out today.  I was wondering if any of our European colleagues on the list could give any details to what the incident may be that has occurred?

I have read the update posted on the IAEA website today where they are trying to locate the source.

It does not  appear to be plausible to be attributed to Fukushima at this stage.

Any additional information would be helpful as the questions came from the first responder community that I work with.

Many thanks,

Kathy McLellan

Katharine McLellan, MS
Health Physicist