[ RadSafe ] "water hammer"

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Nov 15 14:53:29 CST 2011

Thank you Rodney, thanks to all the others who have responded to my inquiry. First I thought that the message referred to something like the very high pressure water jets used to dismantle concrete structures, but this did not really fit to the topic forwarded to RADSAFE.
Now I know better. 

Anybody on RADSAFE having problems with German or Swedish expressions is cordially invited to ask me for a translation! 

With my best regards,


---- "Jones schrieb:
> PS: Could you enlighten me as a non-native speaker what a "water hammer"
> is?
> It is a pressure or shock wave in a water or steam pipe.
> Rodney Jones
> RP Technician Training
> 423-365-7832

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD, MinRat
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
mobile: ++43 699 1706 1227

More information about the RadSafe mailing list