[ RadSafe ] "mis-information from both TEPCO and the Japanese government immediately after the incident"

radiation radiation at noos.fr
Tue Oct 11 22:05:45 CDT 2011

Sandy,

Are you hinting that the Japanese agencies were essentially lying, like
the the German journalist said?
Who knows the full truth, knows all the detailed information in such a
catastrophic situation? When communication channels are locally
destroyed or have failed?
What is candid? How much information does the public need? Especially
when it does not understand the data, does not know how to interpret
them, nor understands radiation effects.
The more information you provide, the more information will be requested
and the population is swamped with what is for them contradictory, foggy
and neuron saturating.  Then you have a number of ignorant journalists
who scare the shit out of people just to sell their news. In the media
lies are often sexier and more easily read and believed than "the truth".

Enrico