[ RadSafe ] children of Gulf War vets (was Re: RadSafe Digest, Vol 769, Issue 1)

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Oct 12 21:16:48 CDT 2011

At 04:14 PM 10/11/2011, you wrote:
>Mike Brennan wrote: >... If you are going to
>claim that Gulf War vets father children > with
>a significant increase in congenital anomalies,
>that's one > thing.  It can be shown with
>statistics.... For mothers, as well, as the
>Department of Veterans Affairs has repeatedly
>shown: "Dr. Kang found that male Gulf War
>veterans reported having infants with likely
>birth defects at twice the rate of non-veterans.
>Furthermore, female Gulf War veterans were
>almost three times more likely to report
>children with birth defects than their non-Gulf
>counterparts... with medical records
>verification... birth defects in children of
>deployed male veterans was about 2.2 times that
>of non-deployed veterans." -- Department of
>Veterans Affairs (2003). "Q's & A's ­ New
>Information Regarding Birth Defects"" Gulf War
>Review 12(1) p. 10:
>http://web.archive.org/web/20060929095251/http://www1.va.gov/gulfwar/docs/GulfWarNov03.pdf

Oct. 12

         This battle about Dr. Kang and Gulf War
veterans has already been fought on RADSAFE in
Feb. 2007.  This same issue of Gulf War Review
has an article stating that Kang's work had not
been peer reviewed, nor had it been
published.  I'm not going to fight the battle
again.  Click on the above link and read page 10 of Gulf War Review.

         What Salsman say below has no
merit.  Because I have other things to do I'm not
going to present an exegesis.  Salsman won't listen anyway.

Steven Dapra