[ RadSafe ] RadSafe Digest, Vol 749, Issue 1, message 3

Harrison, Tony Tony.Harrison at dphe.state.co.us
Tue Sep 20 12:29:18 CDT 2011

Good questions all.  You don't need me to remind you that the Sv is a unit intended to quantify stochastic/probabilistic effects.  Presumably the absorbed dose (Gy) would be more meaningful.

But since Busby has yet to enumerate any heart attack data from Japan or anywhere else, I have trouble worrying about it too much.

Tony Harrison, MSPH
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Laboratory Services Division
303-692-3046