[ RadSafe ] Cohen's radon results and LNT

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 28 14:00:14 CDT 2011

At 09:40 AM 9/28/2011, Chris Hofmeyr wrote:
>Prof Cohen, Radsafers,
>In the condensed notes on Cohen's radon studies (attached to posting
>on Radsafe
>21 Sept), I attempt to show unequivocally, although slightly unconventionally,
>that Cohen's lung cancer (LC) mortality rates are basically independent of the
>average domestic radon concentrations as determined by Cohen on a per county
>basis. This independence clearly means that LNT is REJECTED, since lung cancer
>is not perceptibly correlated with domestic radon...
*****************
My Forum paper,  "Toward Improved Ionizing Radiation Safety
Standards", Health Phys. 101:84-93;2011, explains why LNT does not
apply to any protracted or repeated radiation exposures.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140