[ RadSafe ] Radiation Safety - Bahrain

Mark Ramsay mark.ramsay at ionactive.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 01:47:41 CDT 2012

Morning All.

Anyone working in Kingdom of Bahrain and / or knows latest position with regards local radiation safety legislation?

Last time I was in Bahrain the major companies I was dealing with were working to IAEA standards and in some cases UK practice (essentially the same, some terminology different). I am aware that some regulation / decree is in place for medical uses of ionising radiation, but to my knowledge there is not a unified piece of local legislation dealing with general uses of ionising radiation (I.e. similar fashion to the FANR system in UAE).

If anyone can update me, provide links or any other relevant info, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Ramsay

www.ionactive.co.uk