[ RadSafe ] Dosimetry Reports

Lawrence Jacobi rjacobi at jacobiconsulting.net
Tue Apr 17 10:26:51 CDT 2012

Are OSL dosimetry reports showing personnel doses to individuals, whose names are listed on the report, subject to the privacy provisions of HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)?  The personnel director for one of my clients has determined this to be the case.  In some facilities I have visited recently, the dosimetry reports are posted on the bulletin board in the break room or near the NRC Form 3 Notice to Workers for all to see.  She treats bioassay reports the same way.  I don't have an opinion either way, as I can see merit in her analysis.  But, this is a new one to me.

Any comments or advice?