[ RadSafe ] Global Stuff

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 12:29:31 CDT 2012

Dear Radsafe:

     From:    _jpreisig at aol.com_ (mailto:jpreisig at aol.com)    .

    Hey all,

         Hope you are well.   Google news today has a news item about one
of the Global Warming gurus
(Lovelock???) and describes how he is stepping back from his original dire
predictions for Earth
Global Warming and the Earth's future.  Seems temperature data for the
Earth is indicating (over
the last decade or so) that the Earth isn't getting as  toasty/hot as he
had predicted.  Please read the news
item if you so desire.

         Was it all just Earth  polar motion (Chandler Wobble, Annual
Wobble) or other things????
Guess we'll see in the near future...

         Google news today also has  a news item about the DARPA (not
DAPRA!!!!!) hypersonic
plane and recent tests trying to go MACH 20 (MACH 20, Geez, is that really
necessary; how much acceleration/velocity can a human or payload
stand???).  The news item
addresses how the hypersonic plane/spacecraft failed.

        And for my friends in  Pennsylvania, eastern Pennsylvania has
natural gas and western
Pennsylvania has coal.  I'm sure USA power companies will be using  both
resources over the next
20 to 50 years.  And when everything else is gone, the USA will still  have
nuclear power and
coal.  I do remember there are a few nuclear plants in  Pennsylvania.

       Is it time for Atmospheric researchers  to jump off the global
warming bandwagon????

       Maybe if DARPA can lower the MACH  number a bit, one of us Health
Physicists,
Nuclear Engineers, Medical Physicists, Physicists etc. can take a trip on
the hypersonic plane/
spacecraft to Mars???!!!!

      Have a great week.

      Regards,     Joseph R.  (Joe) Preisig