No subject

Sat Dec 15 14:04:01 CST 2012

ates and noise levels that would put those under the path at nearly as much=
 harm as those at the target.  Main reason the project was terminated was t=
he emergence of the Polaris and ICBMs, resulting in a lack of interest from=
 the Navy, among others.

Bill Bair, Sr. Scientist
Radiological Engineering
NSTec, LLC
Contractor to the US Department of Energy
(702)295-4463 (W)
(702)630-0631 (C)
(702)295-9335 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu [mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.ph=
ys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Brennan, Mike (DOH)
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 9:42 AM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) MailingList
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Radioactive contamination unearthedatformerrockett=
est site n...

It has been a long time, but as I recall it was very highly enriched, with =
solid moderators (I don't know what), and a lot of technical problems.  Lik=
e all ramjets it really only had two speeds; "off" and "FAST!".  I seem to =
recall that he said there were issues with turning it off, again, as shutti=
ng down criticality didn't stop the head of decay, but it did reduce power =
below what was needed to keep the aircraft aloft.  All-in-all, it seemed li=
ke there were WAY more problems than advantages.