[ RadSafe ] Recent Events

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 16:05:59 CST 2012

Dear Radsafe:

      From:    _jpreisig at aol.com_ (mailto:jpreisig at aol.com)     .

      Hello,

      A few days ago google news reported some  source in Iran stating that
Iran has rocket launch
capability, with range of 6000 km.  Statement was made that such a  missile
could reach the USA.
Oh my.

     In the last few days National News (USA) reports  that Israel may go
to war with Iran in the
next few months.   If it happens, I hope the war is only  conventional
weapons.  Hope World diplomats
are on top of this.

     Sure, this discussion belongs somewhere else than  here on Radsafe.
Sorry, I'm posting this
anyway.

     If Iran is just getting into the nuclear arms  business, then perhaps
they have 1-10 Nuclear
devices and one launch missile for each Nuclear device.  This would be
sufficient to take out
1 to 10 Israeli cities???  Ouch...

     Israel has supposedly had nuclear weapons  capability for many years
now.  I suspect they also
have significant launch capability.  My crude estimate is that Israel
would be capable of
launching 10 to 20 nuclear missiles.  Iran's major cities would also  be
gone, with significant
population loss in Iran.  I'm sure the US government has better  estimates
of nuclear weapon
numbers and launch capability for each of these countries.

    As a first thought, I would make sure that I knew where  all ships in
the Iranian navy is, if
such a navy exists.  Non-military ships also.

    Clearly the USA is able to counter severely any first  strike by the
Iranian nation.  Iran would be
gone.

     Hope all nations involved are having some  restraint right now.

     Regards,    Joseph R. (Joe)  Preisig, PhD