[ RadSafe ] San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring in new city blueprint

Lawrence Jacobi rjacobi at jacobiconsulting.net
Fri Feb 17 12:12:03 CST 2012

I can't decide if this is a good idea or not.  I don't see any harm in the city doing its own radiation monitoring, but I can see where it might cause confusion if it is done poorly.  And, during an actual offsite release from a radiological facility, it could be a source of hysteria if it is not properly coordinated with the federal, state and local emergency response units.

San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring in new city blueprint