[ RadSafe ] San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring in new city blueprint

John Ahlquist john.ahlquist at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 18 15:09:32 CST 2012

LANL has had active monitoring stations at Los Alamos and other places for many
years.  Go to the link

http://environweb.lanl.gov/newnet/

for further information.

John Ahlquist

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:12:03 -0600
From: Lawrence Jacobi <rjacobi at jacobiconsulting.net>
Subject: [ RadSafe ] San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring in
    new    city blueprint
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu

I can't decide if this is a good idea or not.  I don't see any harm in the city
doing its own radiation monitoring, but I can see where it might cause confusion
if it is done poorly.  And, during an actual offsite release from a radiological
facility, it could be a source of hysteria if it is not properly coordinated
with the federal, state and local emergency response units.

San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring in new city blueprint