[ RadSafe ] TV interview with pro-nuclear professor on study finding increased infant mortality in US after Fukushima

Matt Sargent matt at buffaloinspection.com
Wed Jan 25 13:56:32 CST 2012

Title: UI nuclear engineering professor disects report of infant mortality and radiation<http://www.fox9now.com/news/local/138012913.html>
Source: Fox9 Boise
Author: Mac King
Date: Jan 24, 2012

Professor Akira Tokuhiro, professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering at the University of Idaho:

Transcript Summary

  *   Some things are interesting here and worth looking into
  *   But complete? Science is never complete
  *   It remains to be seen
  *   There are a lot of things that we don't know
  *   The radiation did come over from Fukushima to the Pacific northwest... That is certain, a scientific fact
  *   Is there a direct link between infant mortality? I'm not sure science can answer that
  *   I don't see convincing argument that it's directly connected to Fukushima [likely because study authors do not argue that it is directly connected]
  *   Scientifically it's interesting... but do we have the money to do a long-term study?
http://enenews.com/interview-pro-nuclear-professor-14000-excess-deaths-us-after-fukushima

Kindly,
Matt Sargent
Safety Compliance Officer