[ RadSafe ] [NucNews] Forest Service Approves Grand Canyon Uranium Mine Despite 26-year-old Environmental Review

George Stanford gstanford at aya.yale.edu
Sun Jul 1 21:10:48 CDT 2012

      Actually, guys, we could indeed "mine" the DU that we've
already accumulated, as Peter suggests, and we probably will (but it
will take a while to get going).  Using the plutonium from used LWR
fuel as the essential catalyst to get started, fast reactors such as
the IFR and its ilk (PRISM, TWR, 4S, etc) can power the world for
centuries on the uranium that's already been mined -- and with no
more uranium enrichment needed, ever.

      --  George