[ RadSafe ] [NucNews] Which nuclear technology has future?

Jaro Franta jaro_10kbq at videotron.ca
Mon Jul 2 08:51:02 CDT 2012

Apparently nobody wants to build the "I" part of IFR.
In which case the claim that "the PRISM is an IFR" seems dubious -- there is
no *integral* fuel processing & re-fabrication plant.

Specifically, I was disappointed when I learned earlier this year that the
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy proposal for the UK involves just the reactor &
steam plant, NOT the fuel processing & re-fabrication plant.
That makes it little more than any other SFR......

"The waste is much the same as that produced by new light water reactors,"
said Eric Loewen, chief engineer on the Prism project.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/nov/30/ge-hitachi-nuclear-reactor
-plutonium?newsfeed=true