[ RadSafe ] Victoreen 450

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Thu Jul 5 11:58:01 CDT 2012

>Fluke does not release most of the schematics for its instruments.  Their
>reasoning is that it discourages people from trying to obtain service other
>than by the factory.

Don't know about their motivation but we also do not release
such information.
Not because we would get badly mistreated untis - those who order
just to try to reverse engineer our technology do it anyway (a lost
cause but it is their life), and genuine customers simply
get in touch with us.

Todays technology has just outgrown the "do it yourself" age,
so there is not much of a point to show your competitors
more details than necessary.

Come to think of it it might be a good idea to send them chasing
some more ghosts by revealing the schematics, there is *a lot* more
detail involved, I may opt to do it one of these days after all :D .

To a customer the schmatics is generally useless - at least at
the level of complexity of our products.

What can a "normal" technician do say with that board:

http://tgi-sci.com/misc/nmc3top.gif .

Other than ruining it, that is.

Then again, when customers have had genuine questions regarding
the internals from a user point of view obviously we do give the
information. It is easy to see when someone asks a user question
and when a manufacturing one.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com