[ RadSafe ] Under-reporting at Fukushima?

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Sat Jul 21 12:28:22 CDT 2012

Well small personal dosimeters (I think that's what the article
refers to) can't possibly be very good at high energies because
of their low volume. So even a thin lead shield - 1-2mm - might
well have a substantial impact (or has been expected to have one).

I find it difficult to believe these people were forced to do
it, they are not morons so they have known what this is about.

So most likely they have estimated they would get some more
dose than usual but nothing dramatic and must have chosen to
hide some of it to avoid trouble with regulators afterwards.
Now that the word is out things will get only worse for
them, I suppose.

Anyway, what I have been reading lately - how the Fukushima
disaster has been man-made (after *that* natural catastrophy, the
thing was all under seawater, for Christs sake) is not surprising
but comes to remind us the zero value of the word we get from the
media.
More and more they remind me of the communistic times media,
controled 99+% of the time by self-censorship. Come to think
of it, I have begun to ignore them just like I used
to ignore the media back then... (kind of "I know what they will
say before they have thought of it").

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com