[ RadSafe ] Fwd: More on wobbles

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 22:01:27 CDT 2012

____________________________________
 From: JPreisig at aol.com
To: dickman at binghamton.edu
Sent: 7/24/2012  10:59:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: More on wobbles

Dear Dr. Dickman/Steve,

     Hi Again.  Keep working on that book.   Guess you know most of what
follows --- you taught me.

     More on wobbles.  Annual Wobble, Chandler  Wobble (Peak1), Chandler
Wobble (Peak2),
     Markowitz wobble???, offset, trend etc.

     Earth Orientation Phenomena: Precession,  Nutation, Rotation(Earth
Spin), Diurnal Wobble???,
                                                   Annual Wobble, Chandler
Wobble 1, Chandler  Wobble 2 etc.

     Still thinking about wobble beats.   Chandler wobble amplitude has
maxima at roughly:
                                                        1910, 1954, 1998,
etc.

     In reality though, what goes on at the time of  the Chandler Wobble
peaks is that there is a
     rather wide variation in Earth dip towards the  Sun (about some mean
position) and away from the
     Sun, thus producing times of relative warmth and  relative cold.
Maybe this is what we are seeing
     lately from 1998 and a bit onward.  Thus  there are warmer Summers and
Colder winters???
     Of course, the Earth does travel around the Sun  and we experience the
various Earth Seasons,
     as usual.  Temperature variability causes  wide variation in the
moisture content in the
     atmosphere.  Ice Caps Melt, Sea Level Rises  Etc.

          At times of  Chandler Wobble amplitude minima (1932, 1976, 2020)
there is not a great  deal
    of wide variation in the actual dip angle towards the  Sun.  Things
behave in a rather steady
    average manner.  There is not-so-much free water  vapor in the
atmosphere, thus causing
    droughts????  The large snowfalls like in 1888  (New York City), I'm
still hard pressed to
    explain.

          So there you have  it.  Classical Physics explanations of the
various Earth wobbles  explain
    some of the Climate we see.  Anyone ever having  programmed such
phenomena in NASA
    Goddard Space Flight Center's VLBI (Very Long Baseline  Interferometry)
Computer Programs
    CALC and SOLVE could witness that all this is anything  but simple.

          Take  Care...     Joseph R. (Joe) Preisig