[ RadSafe ] Maximum Permissible Concentrations (NCRP 22) Days of "body burden" to the times of "ALI"

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 8 23:37:27 CST 2012

At 07:31 PM 11/7/2012, parthasarathy k s wrote:
>I always wonder whether radiation protection improved from the days
>of "body burden" to the times of "ALI" I recall using well thumbed
>copies of NBS books in the formative years of my career.Though the
>source books for much of the data were not available,
*********
Yes, indeed.

ICRP-2 is still the most sensible, accurate,  and easily applied
system for radiation protection since cancer induction risk is a
function of life-time average dose rate rather than cumulative dose
(Raabe, Health Phys. 101: 84-93; 2011).

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140