[ RadSafe ] Pregnancy Discrimination In The Workplace Target Of New EEOC Crackdown

Clayton J Bradt CJB01 at health.state.ny.us
Mon Oct 1 10:05:15 CDT 2012

Roy Herren wrote:

"Does anyone have an opinions?on how the following article, see below, and
how
it's subject matter?will affect US female workers who are exposed to
ionizing
radiation?? In my humble opinion I think the safest route may well be for
employers to provide the worker "reasonable accommodation".? Reasonable
accommodation?doesn't?mean automatically reassigning the worker, but
rather
after she has self-identified as wanting to declare her pregnancy to
management,
working with her to provide her?with the information that she needs
to?determine
what she would like to do, or needs to do for her career and her
pregnancy."

Roy Herren
********************

It seems to me that compliance the regs for "Declared Pregnant Workers"
would keep an employer in compliance with EEOC requirements.  But also
remember that a worker must file a complaint before EEOC can get involved,
and workers rarely file complaints when they believe they are being
treated fairly.

Clayton J. Bradt
Principal Radiophysicist
NYS Dept. of Health
Biggs Laboratory, Room D486A
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12201-0509

518-474-1993

The richest 400 Americans own as much as the bottom 150 million put
together.