[ RadSafe ] HP Consultant at NuScale
rahim.ghanooni at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:30:13 CDT 2012
*Job Begins: ASAP*
*Organization*: NuScale Power 1100 NE Circle Blvd. Suite 350 Corvallis, OR
NuScale power, located in Corvallis Oregon, is in process of designing and
commercializing, a modular, scalable 45 Megawatt electric Light Water
Reactor nuclear power plant. Each NuScale module has its own combined
containment vessel and reactor system, and its own designated
turbine-generator set. NuScale power plants are scalable, allowing for a
single facility to have just one or up to 12 units. In a multi-module
plant, one unit can be taken out of service without affecting the operation
of the others.
NuScale notified the NRC in February 2008 of its intent to pursue Design
Certification for its technology. The company is in the pre-application
review phase with the NRC. For more information about NuScale power please
check our website.
NuScale Power is growing and we are looking for temporary, or consultant’s
as a staff augmentation to assistance
- Performing and reviewing shielding calculation (radwaste, reactor
systems and components)
- Determining Realistic RX coolant source term.
- Determining fuel depletion source term
- Analysis of radioactive releases due to liquid-containing tank
- In Service Inspection Dose Calculation
- Routine Maintenance Dose Calculation
- Operations and Maintenance Dose Calculation
- ALARA Design & Operations Report
- Special Maintenance Dose Calculation
- Waste Processing Dose Calculation
- Release of Radioactive Materials in Gases and Liquid Effluents
- Radiological Consequences of a Control Rod Ejection Accident Analysis
- Radiological Consequences of Main Steam Line Failures Outside
*MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:*
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in Health Physics, Nuclear Engineer or
- Minimum of 10 yrs. of in-depth understanding of nuclear power plant
engineering concepts, principles, and theories (preferred PWR). ·
- Strong technical writing skills, presentation and interpersonal of
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of regulations,
standards and guidelines (10CFR50, 10CFR20, NUREG 0800, NUREG 0017). ·
- Proficiency in Radiological source code, like RADTRAD, GALE,
Microshield, ORIGEN-ARP, and TRITON is desirable ·
- Conduct independent analysis and technical reviews to support
development of FSAR.
- Effectively communicate with other technical disciplines, and
regulators, if necessary.
- Knowledge of recommendations and guidelines of radiological protection
- Knowledge and understanding of radiation protection philosophies,
procedures, equipment, and techniques used both in theory and practice.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet objectives and
- Available to travel to Corvallis OR as needed (the position is at your
* **Attn:* Rahim Ghanooni • *Phone:* 702.809.1017 • *Email:*
rghanooni at nuscalepower.com
- If you are interested in a regular full-time opportunity please review
our active job listings at Nuscale Power Careers
More information about the RadSafe