[ RadSafe ] U.S. Explodes Atomic Bombs Near Beers To See If They Are Safe To Drink

S L Gawarecki slgawarecki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:46:43 CDT 2012

So you're minding your own business when all of a sudden, a nuclear bomb
goes off, there's a shock wave, fires all around, general destruction and
you, having somehow survived, need a drink. What can you do? There is no
running water, not where you are. But there is a convenience store. It's
been crushed by the shock wave, but there are still bottles of beer, Coke
and diet soda intact on the floor.

So you wonder: Can I grab one of those beers and gulp it down? Or is it too
radioactive? And what about taste? If I drink it, will it taste OK?

This could happen, no? Not to everybody, but let's say it happens to you.
Have you been wondering what to do?

Well, wonder no longer.
Full article at:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2012/09/18/161338723/u-s-explodes-atomic-bombs-near-beers-to-see-if-they-are-safe-to-drink?ft=1&f=5500502