[ RadSafe ] Request for information on an Eberline SA-11

Smith, Lawrence E lsmit15 at entergy.com
Mon Apr 8 07:22:04 CDT 2013

  I've never seen the name SA-11 from Eberline. The only instrument that I have experience that is near that number is the SAM-II, or Specialized Assay Meter - 2, when you realize that the II is actually a Roman numeral 2.

This is a dual channel instrument, capable of background subtraction, whose primary intent was for Uranium enrichment analysis. It was also used for Iodine-131 measurement using an Americium doped sodium iodide detector. You will need more information to determine if this is the case.

The 2 instruments I used were both manufactured in the mid-1970s. One died about 10 years ago, and the other broke about two years ago. The meters are very obsolete.

Larry Smith
Senior Radiation Protection Technician
lsmit15 at entergy.com

Message: 2