[ RadSafe ] Legal Problems with ALARA and Decommissioning

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 21 15:28:40 CST 2013

February 21, 2013

Reading this document makes me glad that did not choose a career in law.

However, it seems to me that the resolution of Shieldalloy issue will remain
with the NRC even though NJ has become an agreement State.
An exception has been made, for which there was precedent cited.

Apparently the Court somewhat bought the ALARA argument,
although that may not have made much difference.

It seems that an unnecessary interruption the long interchange
with the NRC was the main factor.

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140