[ RadSafe ] Over-reliance on one source of energy

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Fri Feb 22 20:07:24 CST 2013

On 2/22/2013 2:18 PM, Brennan, Mike (DOH) wrote:
> I, frankly, would like to see someone develop small gas turbines, that could power a home, or apartment complex, or neighborhood, and have these installed near the loads.

A company in San Diego, CA - Solar International - has been making these
for DECADES - in many sizes.  They use two of their 110 HP units to
power the company boat and the phone company uses their 1100 hp units in
their transportable emergency power trailers.  When I worked there for a
summer job just before college - many many years ago - they also made
parts for the SNAP 27 generator currently powering scientific equipment
on the moon!

https://mysolar.cat.com/cda/layout?m=10683&x=7