[ RadSafe ] [yeatsian] greetings

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:24:51 CDT 2013

Hi Group:

I've mentioned this before, but in order to protect your email account,
please use a 2-step verification (or multi-step) process for you account.
 This identifies a specific set of computers (eg your laptop, desktop,
iPad, phone, etc.) that you have authorized to receive emails. Because of
this, it doesn't matter if your password becomes compromised because only
those devices that you have pre-authorized are able to get any email.

When logging onto a new device, a text code is sent to your telephone which
is then entered into the new device to authorize it. So, unless you lose
your phone, your email account would be very hard to compromise.  If you do
lose your phone, immediately report it to your carrier so that it can be
deactivated. Sometimes a personally known piece of information (e.g. your
first car, etc) adds another layer of security.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication

I strongly recommend that all persons on the list investigate this feature.
 Once set-up, it provides a quite high-level of personal security than a
simple password.

This problem emerges from time-to-time for all groups that I've been
involved in.  Please take the time to protect your personal information
from hackers by using both strong passwords and 2-step verification.

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd
Los Alamos, NM 87544-3425