[ RadSafe ] Spectroscopic human phantoms

Rees, Brian G brees at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 27 13:59:49 CDT 2013

I'm posting this for a colleague.  Is there anyone working on, or aware of anyone working on phantoms that recreate the gamma radiation spectrum that a human represents for in-vivo radionuclides?  We (LANL) did some work in 2005, but it didn't continue.   The work we did was presented at INMM in 2005 by S. Almecci.

I'm aware of the issues, etc. regarding radiation spectra from humans and radiopharmaceuticals, and I'm sure there are opinions out there, but is there any actual research being conducted, and if so, would you share it with us?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Rees
Los Alamos National Laboratory