[ RadSafe ] open source ion interaction with matter code

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Sun Mar 31 21:15:09 CDT 2013

Hi All,

A friend of mine (astronomer) is looking for code similar to MCNP-X that will calculate the energy loss of ions as a function of distance traveled to the interaction with different materials.

They have concerns about the licensing and use requirements of MCNP-X.

I have only used MCNP-X and haven't really looked for other options.

I thought that someone on the list may know of something that I can pass along to him.

Thanks,

Jeff