[ RadSafe ] Risk Communication

Jaro Franta jaro_10kbq at videotron.ca
Sat May 11 06:42:57 CDT 2013

Thanks,

The Canadian PARs units are installed in Candu stations and some LWR
stations overseas.

PAR units are installed in nuclear plants in:
Canada
Finland
France
Korea
Ukraine

I don't know what size the IP-2 PARS units are, but a typical Candu station
requires close to thirty PARs, which are boxes roughly two feet square each
(like an oversize ashtray).

As new self-start threshold  2% H2 with available oxygen
Operating range  1% to ~8% hydrogen
Capacity increases about linearly with hydrogen concentration
Capacity increases with pressure

http://enertechlibrary.cwfc.com/libdocs/literature/1307.pdf

 Jaro