[ RadSafe ] 28 fallacies about the Fukushima nuclear disaster's effect on the US West Coast | Southern Fried Science

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Mon Nov 4 11:34:34 CST 2013

Well done article by a Marine Ecologist debunking doom-n-gloom
radioactive contamination articles...

Since I believe in open, honest discourse, let me begin by pointing out
that I am not a physicist, nor do I have any particular credentials when
it comes to nuclear energy. I am a marine ecologist. You'll find,
however, that for these 28 points, the devil is not in the details. Most
are the result of logical fallacies, rather than technical inaccuracies.
Many are simply articles taken out of context or unbelievably tenuous
observations followed by "couldn't it be Fukushima?" In a follow up, the
author even argues that he's "Just asking questions" a phrase I thought
was long ago relegated to Glenn Beck parodies. A fifth of these points
don't even have to do with the North American West Coast.

http://j.mp/1dI8guH

--
Cary Renquist
Cary.renquist at ezag.com